Monday, April 4, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 4/4/2011

DON'T ADJUST YOUR MONITOR! It really is me blogging. Recently I have been adding a daily thread to my facebook wall asking simply "What's for Dinner?"  It has been really fun to see everyone's responses and their enthusiasm for the daily thread. I have really noticed that the need to write down our daily meals has "forced" me to think about the choices I am making for my family. A much appreciated side effect.

I also have been following a number of blogs for a while now that do weekly meal planning. The most notable of them for me is   MB   by Melanie Bauer that used to run the digital creative team I was on at Two Peas. I started following her at that time and have often considered following in her meal planning footsteps. Well, this is the week I officially go there.


MONDAY: Grilled Ribeye Steaks, Steamed Asparagas, Jasmine Rice &  Tossed Salad   
This is definitely a menu designed to make Scott happy, minus the rice at least. He tends to complain about rice, although I believe it is more to bother me than anything else.

TUESDAY: Cobb Pasta Toss 
This is a new recipe we will be trying from a Rachael Ray cookbook that Brad bought me for Christmas.

WEDNESDAY: Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese
This is a busy night for for us - Brooklyn has both Jump Rope Club and AWANA, so easy is always the word of the day.

THURSDAY: Slow Cooker Steak Burritos
Another new recipe - this one is from Taste of Home magazine.

FRIDAY: Fish at Trapper's Turn Golf Club
Golf started for the season last Saturday, and they have my favorite fish fry of all time. Can't wait!

SATURDAY: Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches and oven fries
Pretty sure this isn't the healthiest choice we could make, but Brooklyn is having a friend over and this is at her request.

No comments:

Post a Comment