Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Yesterday Was Top Notch


Yesterday was one of the best days I've had in a while.

Brooklyn came home sick from school (that's not the good part, although I am pretty sure she was never sick at all). Coming up our driveway there were literally hundreds of sandhill cranes. We stopped to watch for a minute or two. And started talking about cranes ... how when I was a little girl there were barely any, and now we see them every single day... forward in the conversation to ... whooping cranes are white cranes that are still endangered. I told her that I had never even seen one. Brad is the only one I know of that had seen one in real life. What happened next? We had a whooping crane land with the group of sandhill cranes down in the field. The Crane Foundation came over and told us that he was a 6 year old male and we should call them again if we continue to see him in this area. They want to keep track of when he migrates.
It was just cool.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder ... is the secret something that we'll know, oh, by the weekend?

    ReplyDelete